Emily and I and the Trustees of Stephen’s Fund hope you and your families are all safe and well. We are so proud of the work we have done to support students and schools in STEM since 2001. We have distributed over $270,000 directly to students and schools over these 21 years and have now distributed an additional $220,000 to set up the new Memorial Funds listed below.
Stephen’s Fund is no longer accepting donations directly. We have set up the following Funds in Stephen’s honor and memory and encourage you to donate to these Funds directly:
- The Stephen K. Tompsett Memorial Fund at Our Lady of Mercy Academy covers partial tuition for a student for four years based on financial need. This is an endowment that will continue in perpetuity.
- Please donate directly to: Our Lady of Mercy Academy, 815 Convent Rd., Syosset NY 11791 https://olma.org/giving/giving-to-mercy/
- The Stephen K. Tompsett Memorial Scholarship at Tomorrow’s Hope Foundation – provides a financial need scholarship each year for one to two students to attend a Catholic elementary school on Long Island. This is an endowment that will continue in perpetuity.
- Please donate directly to: Tomorrow’s Hope Foundation, 50 Charles Lindbergh Blvd., Suite 500, Uniondale, NY 11553 www.tommorrowshopefoundation.org
- The Stephen K. Tompsett Technology Fund at St. Joseph School – to maintain, update, lease and/or purchase technology used directly by the students of St. Joseph School.
- Please donate directly to: St. Joseph School, 450 Franklin Ave., Garden City, NY 11530
Thank you for all your years of support! Please continue remembering and honoring Stephen and all those lost and affected by 9/11 by donating to these new Memorial Funds!
Stay well and safe!
Dorry & Emily Tompsett
NOTE: The best way to donate is via check with the name of the specific Fund in the memo section. If you donate online please direct your donation to the specific name of the Memorial Fund. OLMA will include the new Memorial Fund on their Online Giving page in the near future and the link will be posted on our Facebook page and website when available.
The Stephen K. Tompsett Memorial Fund for Technology in Education (EIN 11-6560834) is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit charity